11 June 2009

Evening Wear at FWTT: Not Your Every Day Grad Dress...


Some truly spectacular gowns were shown at this year's event. While Claudia Pegus and Zadd and Eastman chose sleek silhouettes, others, like Peter Elias presented full skirted confections which the models made into shows of their own (I am convinced the young lady above has a side hustle as a Belle Dancer!)

My personal prize however goes to Kuumba Design's light lime green evening gown below:

The construction of the corset-type bodice is supremely innovative while the neckline and horizontal and vertical pleating are structurally fascinating. I love that it blossoms into this fairy-tale like full skirt as well. While I love the unexpected color of this dress, I can so see this as a wedding dress in an off-white or ivory!

Feast your eyes on the rest below (you can click any image for a larger view):
(pics courtesy www.triniscene.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment