10 June 2009

Collection Review - Meiling feat. Anthony Reid


Can I just say that I love this collection.

To use a played out phrase....talk bout grown and sexy! This was the perfect collection for that young woman trying to figure out how to structure her look to be sexy, current, but still be taken seriously! Not only were the pieces uniquely wearable, each look contained some sort of detail which captured visual interest. A couple of these details were problematic (I had to stare at the pic of the coral blazer for a really long time to realize that the hem had been sewn in that ruffle/fold and this wasn't some static-cling related wardrobe malfunction) most of them were flattering and came off effortlessly. However, most of them came off beautifully. I love the architectural folds at the necklines, dramatic open backs, and the ruffles at the hems of sleeves, tops and skirts (particularly the ruffles found at the hem of the back of one of the skirts, an interesting take on a bustle a feature I am seeing becoming popular in international designs, and obviously meant to be worn on a woman with no bottom!). I also really liked the asymmetrical cut hemlines with contrasting fabric colours peeking out from below complete with raw edges. It may not be everybody's style, but SOOO interesting.

AND THE FABRIC! Omg, I love that diaphanous almost see-through look of the pieces. And the items made in that dyed fabric that looks like a classy take on a hybrid of tie-dye and tea staining! LOVEEEE IT!!!

The menswear by Anthony Reid was also really impressive! The colours and fabrics fit easily in with the womenswear looks and were also totally wearable and current in light comfortable fabrics that look perfect for the Caribbean climate!

But my absolute number one favourite thing in this whole presentation had to be this right here:


I would wear a top with a back like this today! Like seriously please I want one. And I love the backwards placement of the chain. Omg, I just die...

Check out the front of this look, and some of my other faves from the Meiling Collection in the slideshow below.




pics courtesy Triniscene & Caribbean Fashion Style Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment