13 May 2009

Recession?


I doh like to fight up to spend my money. I don't like to make anyone feel like they are doing me favours by allowing me to use my hard earned wages in exchange for their overpriced goods. Which is why tomorrow, when Matthew Williamson's summer collection for H&M debuts in stores, I will be where I am supposed to be: at work...trying to make money as opposed to spending it (for once).

For an idea of the frenzy that occurred when Williamsons's spring collection debuted at the store last month (since when spring and summer is a month apart? trying to take ppl money again...) click here (and yes you are reading that article correctly....a woman spent her UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK that day!)

Personally I believe that if I attended one of these much hyped (and rightfully so...the pieces the designer did for the spring collection went up to $350 US (for a silk maxi dress) while the price of a Matthew Williamson Collection dress - a cool $2550 ... and the collection is filled with the bright colours patterns and prints that us Caribbean women love!) discount designer events me an one of the NY fashionistas would have to get away! First of all they all goin for the small sizes I know that from jump, and if any one of those anorexics elbow me in my ribs (which I imagine feels similar to a cutlass chop), we will have a problem.

I don't like to fight up to spend my money. This is why when Topshop opened in NYC I chose to wait until the Monday after the weekend opening to go sample their wares. The result: Everything that was left could wrap round me twice.

It doesn't matter too much...I can't afford any of that stuff anyway.


I apologize for the unnecessary number of parentheses in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment