25 May 2009

EXCLUSIVE: TT Fashion Week Tidbits!


So one of my friends went to buy tickets for this weekend's events and was not only fortunate enough to meet Madame Fashion Week herself, Radical Design's Diane Hunte, but also to discuss with her as yet unknown juicy tidbits of Fashion Week Gossip.

In their own words:

Sooooo, there I was in DH Gift acquiring some tickets for the Opening Night when I meet one of my friends and I was helping them decide on which night to go to. I was giving them a run down on each and the most popular designers when Ms. D. Hunt (the woman behind FW) walks in and overhears me and then introduces herself to me.

Apparently, she was very impressed on my semi-knowledge of the local designers....lol. We chatted a bit and I asked her for some info "scoop" on FW.


It goes as follows....

General Info.


Opening Night Tickets (Friday) - $250 - cocktails & finger food

Other Nights - $100

Closing Night (Tuesday) - $100
No Photography...flash or camera phone (all photographers must be accredited)


Start Time - 7 (= trini time...which means late...lol)


Opening night promises to be a fab. night as there will be cocktails and finger foods for patrons to have before and after the fashion show. The who's who going to be here dressed to the nines....


Other nights to watch out for are Sunday and Monday where Mr. HD launches his children line called, "Boy Boy"...he may even do a lil' performance too.


Tuesday which is the closing night is going to be just as great as they supposedly take it out on the new waterfront to close off FW.


Expect designers to bring out new and fresh lines and a few "over the edge" designs, as we deal with the style craze that is sweeping Trinidad and Tobago.
She also mentioned they may even have an after party on the opening/closing night but it hasn't been 100% confirmed.

Wow Trinis know how to throw an event boy! Waterfront finales? After parties? And of course no event is complete without a performance by the HD himself. I had suspected when I saw the name "Boy Boy" on the presentation schedule that Machel may have something to do with it (otherwise a lawsuit on his hands). Anyway fashion week is shaping up to be quite an event so far! Will you be there?

Also click here to read the official press release for the event.

Extras:

Excuse me? Come Again? What do u mean ASSLESS tights?

No comments:

Post a Comment