30 April 2009

Ve-toed!


I am picky about shoes.

Being blessed to possess a shoe size in the double digits (and no big setta height to justify it) shoe buying is not always the most enjoyable experience. What looks good in a 6.5 on the rack does not always look so hot in a 10! Lately, when I try on a pair of shoes and a ridiculous scenario involving said shoe immediately pops to mind (e.g. "Welllllll, if there's a blizzard all I need is two broom sticks and I could DEF ski to work on these bad boys!") the item is immediately vetoed.

This is why I cannot understand the appeal of the newest 'It' shoe for hot black celebrities, the YSL Caged Bootie (available of course at all the expensive uptown dept stores Barneys, Bergdorf etc). As soon as I looked at these shoes my imagination started working overtime, all sorts of craziness running through my head. Personally, when I glance down at my foot in a shoe I like to be pleasantly startled by how dainty and small they look despite the fact that this is an optical illusion created by the arch and height of the heel. I do NOT like to be alarmed because they have obviously been taken prisoner, bound and gagged (ok maybe not gagged, there is a peep toe) by a kidnapper with a long, flat foot fetish whose only ransom request is for me to "point an flex real slow!" **shudder**

As for the ropey L.A.M.B. version I would def feel like i stepped on some kind of carefully laid trap concealed in the woods, yet, interestingly, only my feet get caught up in the net and are now hanging upside down from tree branches. Alas, I do need my feet to escape!

Anyway as usual this is a moot argument, because even if i did like these shoes I couldn't bring myself to rest two months mortgage payments ($1590 USD for the YSL version) on it. I imagine that if I could I must indeed be a prime kidnapping target. Or Beyonce. Or Ciara. (btw I covet that dress Ciara is wearing!) Or maybe I would just have to be an ass.

But then again as I say, I am very picky about shoes. What do you think?


In addition: Could somebody please let Alicia Keys know that she can use a stylist for casual occasions to0. This should never happen again.

1 comment:

  1. Alicia Keys has never known how to dress anyways so this is noooo surprise. This is what happens when ppl get hood-rich. Like I always say, gimme that money and watch me work some wardrobe magic ... for myself of course.

    ReplyDelete